Picture of the Day! Locust Fork Strawberry Desert!

Mission Statement
The Blount County Child Nutrition Program is committed to meeting the nutritional needs of our students by providing quality food and exceptional service.

We wish to extend to your child a warm welcome to join us for lunch each school day.  We provide a variety of healthy choices that meet the nutritional requirements for both the USDA Dietary Guidelines and Alabama State Department of Education.  Our monthly menus can be viewed at the local school websites.

The Blount County Schools provide meals at the best price in town.  Breakfast cost $1.00; lunch cost $2.00.  Your children may qualify for free meals or for reduced priced meals.  Reduced price is $.30 for breakfast and $.40 for lunch.  You may request an application from your child's cafeteria manager.

For your convenience, each school has a pre-paid lunch program.  Prepayment is encouraged because it eliminates the daily handling of money for the child, and reduces the time the student must stand in line waiting, providing them more time to eat.  Meals may be pre-paid each week, month, or even the beginning of the school year.  Students may purchase meals and extra foods, where offerred, with funds debited from their meal account.

We now offer an online cafeteria account management program, MyPayments Plus.  At no charge, you can monitor your child's cafeteria account, view the past 30 days transactions, and receive email notification when your child's cafeteria account reaches a low balance amount.  For a small transaction fee, you can deposit funds directly into your child's cafeteria account from your checking account, savings account, credit card, or debit card.  You may call the Child Nutrition office at (205) 625-4102 for details on using MyPayments Plus.

We look forward to serving your child a healthy meal and contributing to their life long learning!

Sherry Armstrong
CNP Director



The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced price meals. You must include the last four digits of the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The last four digits of the social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identifier for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at program.intake@usda.gov.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.